|Forum Home > General Discussion > AMX ADMINISTRATOR|
Node upgrades in Policy manager
If you have installed Policy Managerin server, make sure to install policy agent plugin in each node (choose customoption in policy manager).
1. Disassociate PM3.0 from AMX environment
2. Undeploy SA and stop nodes
3. Install policy agent plugin ineach node (choose custom option in policy manager).
4. Upgrade nodes. Follow the belowdocumentation for upgrading nodes by using the following synatx, hereenvironment is my environment and nodes are my system nodes ( use your systemnodes)
Dnodes=EnvStage/Grid2A,EnvStage/Grid2B5.Associate PM3.0 from AMX environment
6. Start all nodes.
How to do Load balancing in Tibco AMX ?
When uploading service assembly, wecan add the service units to two more nodes, that makes you load balanced.
But dont think so you can deploy in FT mode as service units are distributedone.
LB is better than FT in this case.
AMX implementation overview
Servervice Bus does :
1. Location Transparency
2. Transport Bridging
Transformation matrix (for example,Country 01 in application 1 means India ). We read this transformation matrixfrom database on engine startup and cache this information in Shared Variablein BW. Every time we need to do this tranformation, we get the correspondingvalue from shared variable (without querying from database everytime as it ismostly a static data).
Create ear which will contain twoprocesses – OnStartup – where you store the values to sharedVar, GetConversionwhich will provide the interface for external callers to get your values fromsharedVariable and will be visible in bs in your mediation process.
What is ActiveMatrix Service Bus ?
TIBCO ActiveMatrix™ Service Bus is a lightweight enterprise service bus that helpsorganizations bridge the mediation gap in their SOA infrastructure. It reducescomplexity and increases flexibility and reuse by replacing hard-coded servicedependencies with configuration, and can be used to quickly on board servicesfrom a third-party environment or a TIBCO-based infrastructure.
- Reduces complexity by enabling quick and easy onboarding of a large number of services with TIBCO’s unique AutoMediate™ feature. - Lowers cost by providing an SOA infrastructure that fits into any heterogeneous environment. - Saves time and reduces complexity with role-based, easy-to-use, lifecycle management. - Simplifies management and prevents security breaches with built-in governance. - Increases flexibility and service reuse by replacing hard-coded service dependencies and protocols with dynamic configuration and deployment.
An underlying grid-basedarchitecture makes it possible to scale up (by adding multiple instances ofActiveMatrix Service Bus to the same JVM) and out (by adding multiple instancesof ActiveMatrix Service Bus across JVMs, or on different machines) dynamicallyat runtime and on commodity hardware. The mediation layer can scale to meethigh availability and fault tolerance requirements. With ActiveMatrix ServiceBus, policy enforcement is built in. Rather than having a separate component(proxy agent) bolted on top of the mediation layer, baked-in policy enforcementensures fewer moving parts to manage, resulting in fewer security loopholes.
What is ActiveMatrix Service Grid?
TIBCO ActiveMatrix™ Service Grid simplifies heterogeneous SOA by enabling IT organizations toturn their business logic into services and graphically assemble, deploy, host,manage, and monitor these services together as composite applications on asingle runtime foundation. Built entirely on open standards, ActiveMatrixService Grid enables companies to expose their existing systems as services andto build new services.
Allows developers to focus on the business logic by replacing 20 to 40 percent of the technical code in a service with centralized configuration.Reduces architectural complexity by providing a grid- and standards-based, technology-neutral platform with service containers for .NET, Java, and other service technologies.Leverages open standards with an Eclipse-based environment for service development, composition and assembly, and OSGi-based runtime.Provides built-in governance support, allowing you to add governance without impacting existing work.ActiveMatrix Service Grid empowersorganizations to service-enable existing systems and to create newapplications. It simplifies management of composite applications by makingheterogeneous services location-, technology-, and protocol-independent throughservice virtualization. And it simplifies development and operations byproviding a common Eclipse-based environment for service development, assembly,composition, and testing, and a common web-based console for monitoring andmanagement. It reduces operational cost with built-in governance.
What is ActiveMatrix Policy Manager?
TIBCO ActiveMatrix™ Policy Manager enables organizations to centrally define policies acrossservices hosted on heterogeneous SOA environments, for authentication andauthorization, encryption, logging, auditing, and service versioning.
ActiveMatrix Policy Managerseparates a service’s business logic from these policies and replaces policyhard-coding with more flexible rules. This separation allows organizations toapply policies uniformly across all services regardless of location or underlyingtechnology such as Java or .NET.
It also means companies canimplement security, regulatory requirements, and service level agreements muchfaster than before because changes are no longer required to the existingapplications. This results in much greater flexibility, lower costs, and theability to deliver applications that are driven by the rules of the busines
Using Custom JDBC Shared Resource in Design Time
TIBCO ActiveMatrix™ Service Grid
UsingCustom JDBC Shared Resource in Design Time
DesignTime / Eclipse Enviornment:
· Create a new ‘Fragment Project’ in BusinessStudio.
· Name the project and unselect the check box ‘Create a Java Project’.Click Next.
· Host plugin ID is mandatory as this is the only plugin from whichdrivers are loaded in BusinessStudio.
· Click ‘Browse’ to select Host plugin. Filter the list with‘com.tibco.tpcl.jdbc.drivers’.
· Enter the minimum and maximum versions of the Host plugin. Click Finish
· Empty plugin fragment is now created.
· Import the JDBC driver jar files in the plugin project.
· Open the project manifest file and select ‘Runtime’ tab. Add theimported jar files in the classpath.
· Select ‘MANIFEST.MF’ tab. Enter all the packages in the imported jarfiles. This has to be done manually as BusinessStudio does not allow thepackages to be selected in the ‘Exported Packages’ picker under ‘Runtime’ tab.Ignore the validation errors.
· Export the project as ‘Deployable Plugins and fragments’. Select\components\eclipse as the output directory. Click ‘Finish’ and verify that theplugin is created in the directory specified
· Restart BusinessStudio.
· Create a new JDBC Shared Resource in a TIBCO ActiveMatrix SOA project.
· The custom driver will not appear as a drop down. You can providesusbstition variables for DB URL and DB Driver. Or you can override thedefaults. Make sure that you provide the Database URL first before typing inthe JDBC driver.
· Test Connection.
Steps to enable the ProxyAgent for acceptingHTTPS request
1) Create a JKS file using JavaKeytool.
2) When configuring the proxy agentusing utility proxyAgentConfig. Enable the SSLcheck-box.
3) Give the details of your JKS fileName and its Password.
4) The above steps willautomatically will modifies your Server.xml and proxyagent.tra file of theproxy agent’s tomcat server
5) Add the following line inproxyagent.tra below the above properties.
6) Modify the filestartPolicyMgr.tra file by adding the below lines of code
7) Restart both the Proxy agent aswell as PolicyManager.
Installing a custom feature in Tibco AMX BusinessStudio/AMX Administrator
If you want to install a re-usablejar as a custom feature to your AMX runtime, here is how you can do it:
Step to be followed :
1. From your jar, create a pluginproject using(Tibco Business Studio) the “Plug-in project from existing JARarchives” wizard. In the manifest of this plugin project, ensure that all thepackages you require are exported.
2. Once this plug-in project iscreated, you need to create a feature project using the “Feature Project”wizard. In this wizard, you need to pick up plugin you created in step 1. Nodethe feature ID.
3. Right click on this featureproject and choose “Export…”.
4. In the ensuing wizard,“Deployable features”.
5. Select the required feature inthe next screen of the wizard.
6. Give a location for the archivefile in the “Destination” tab.
7. Hit finish.
8. Locate the zip file that iscreated on your disk and extract the contents of the zip file into
9. Now your jar is available to usefor the design time.
10. Next, you need to provision thisfeature into your runtime. To do that, start the command prompt.
11. From (AMX-HOME)/tools/bin,execute the following command:
tibcommander -Dfeature.name=(featureID that you noted in step 2) -f (AMX-HOME)/tools/scripts/addfeature.xml
How to update a service archive in TibcoAMX Administrator.
To update a previously deployedarchive please using the following sequence:
1. Select the service assembly inthe “deploy to an environment” perspective in ActiveMatrix administrator
2. Stop it
3. Undeploy it
4. Click Edit in the GeneralInformation section
5. Click Update and upload the newversion of zip file
6. Click Save in the GeneralInformation section
7. Select the assembly in the listof service assemblies again by clicking on it
8. Deploy it (click on Deploy)
9. Start it (click on Start)